To welcome Silver Creek Middle School students (& staff) with “we’re glad you’re our neighbor” yard signs:
1. Homes directly facing the school will receive a yard sign, with a letter explaining that the sign was purchased by the RCHCA at a cost of $9.99, and an envelope addressed to your Association Treasurer. We hope that residents will display the sign, and we would be delighted if you would send a check to your Association.
2. If your home does not directly face the school, then you are hereby invited to stop by our back porch on Friday, July 21st, to pick up a sign and drop off a check for RCHCA. There will only be enough signs for the first 28 people. (Twenty-two homes face the school, and we had to order 50 signs to get that price). We are at 9723 Kingston Road, at the corner of Saul Road. Unless the weather is awful, or until the signs run out, we’ll plan to be out on the porch (over the garage) from 5–7 PM.
(Contributions over and above the cost of the signs are very welcome! Your dues & contributions are the only source of support for your Association, which works to preserve and enhance your quality of life.)
3. Everyone else can order signs online:
• Signs from https://www.welcomeyourneighbors.org/ are $21.95 each or $73.95 for five, so you can save $7 apiece by partnering with four neighbors.
• Single signs are $17.99 from Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDVZD6J/ (as of this writing).
4. Residents who are not on this email listserv will receive information about the signs, and how to order them, via first class mail; it will be included in a mailing announcing the Autumn meeting of your Association, which will be scheduled soon.
I’m sorry if this sounds complicated. The proposal to welcome students with these signs was met with a lot of enthusiasm, but no volunteers (to run a more-centralized “Girl Scout cookie” ordering/distribution system).
The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 2nd (the day after Labor Day); teachers will be on site the week before (starting Monday August 28th).
Thank you, and hope to see some of you on the 21st of July.
With best regards,
President, Rock Creek Hills Citizens Association