Good Morning Rock Creek Hills neighbors,
Spring has arrived in our beautiful neighborhood, and we are likely to see a taste of summer today. The flowers and trees are blooming, and the songbirds are once again in our backyards and local parks.
If you are reading this email, you are on the Rock Creek Hills listserv, one of many community services funded by the yearly $40 per household contribution to the Rock Creek Hills Citizens’ Association.
We are reaching out to you now to ask for your 2022 contribution to Rock Creek Hills Citizens’ Association. The fastest and easiest way to pay your household dues is to go towww.rchca.org and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button. If you are able, please consider donating more than the standard $40 dues to support your neighborhood, as the cost of providing services has increased over time and our dues level has remained constant for many years.
The Rock Creek Hills Citizens’ Association Board uses your contributions to provide all routine Association costs, including:
- Beautifying and maintaining our neighborhood traffic circles, which work historically has been done largely by community volunteers using supplies paid for by the Citizen’s Association but which increasingly must be performed by contractors as our volunteers have had to step back from their prior — and very-much-appreciated — physical contributions.
- Funding our spring and fall neighborhood parties, which are returning with the Spring Fling (May 7, 3:00PM – 6:00PM).
- Paying for the neighborhood listserv, where we can share a community forum and updates about events and community concerns.
- Producing a hard-copy Neighborhood Directory every several years. An updated directory is planned for later this year. Please make sure that your information is up-to-date. If you can’t logon to https://rchca.membershiptoolkit.com, please email [email protected] to configure your access.
- Maintaining an online Neighborhood Directory, which is regularly updated.
- Maintaining the Association’s website (www.rchca.org) , which is regularly updated.
- Sponsoring two yearly business meetings (when safe to do so) with important presentations on issues impacting the neighborhood, such as the planned pedestrian/bike path on Kensington Parkway and construction projects affecting our community. Please note that your dues payment qualifies you to vote on community decisions made at these meetings.
- Monitoring and enforcing the neighborhood covenants, which maintain the special park-like appeal of Rock Creek Hills.
These services support our entire community and provide value to every homeowner in our neighborhood. We ask every household to please support these services by contributing. You can pay online today at www.rchca.org. You also can mail or drop off a check for $40 (or more) payable to RCHCA, attention Treasurer Mike Baker, 10001 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington, MD 20895.
The Rock Creek Hills Citizens’ Association Board and its overlapping covenants-enforcement board are all-volunteer organizations managed by members of this community. If you are interested doing more to support our neighborhood, or have ideas for ways to improve our community, please share your thoughts by email to the Citizens’ Association Board at: [email protected].
Thank you for your contributions to RCHCA and to our wonderful neighborhood. They are greatly appreciated.
The Rock Creek Hills Citizen Association Board of Directors