Please note the information that was provided to us by Kelly Caplan of Washington Gas:
Good afternoon. I just left you and Suzanne Bowler voicemails about the
upcoming Washington Gas line replacement project that will begin in your
neighborhood in* late July/early Aug*.
The goal is to replace the natural gas mains and services in that area with
plastic pipes. Please call me back and I can fill you in regarding
additional details and/or my team can come to an upcoming meeting to
present the project to the neighborhood. Just please let me know. Below are
some details about the project. Affected residents will receive
notification in the mail regarding this project.
Here are the basics:
- *Glencrest Lane and surrounding area: 8,965 feet of main & 75 services
to homes and businesses *
- *Including addresses on E. Bexhill Dr., E. Stanhope Rd., Calvend Ln.,
Hawick Ct., Kensington Pkwy., Kingston Rd., Saul Rd., and W. Bexhill Dr.*
In our ongoing effort to provide safe and reliable natural gas service,
Washington Gas will begin construction to replace gas main and service
lines. The selection of mains and services to be replaced is based on a
number of criteria including age of pipe, leak history, type of material as
well as other factors.
*What Residents & Business Owners Should Expect:*
• Washington Gas will provide a letter/communications throughout the
project to customers directly impacted by construction efforts.
• Crews will install a new plastic gas main. Service crews will then
start the replacement of existing services.
• Prior to the actual start of the service replacement, customers will
be contacted by a technician to schedule the date of their service
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruption to homeowners’
• Gas will be off during the service replacement, but no longer than
one day and we will work with the businesses to allow them to continue to
• Please note that the time needed to complete the construction taking
place in front of individual properties will vary but, in general, will not
be longer than a few days, depending on conditions.
• Relighting of gas appliances will be performed after the service
replacement is completed. Customers must allow the service crews access to
all gas appliances to ensure a safe restoration of gas service.
• Our crews will make temporary repairs to any excavations in the
roadway and sidewalk. Permanent paving repairs will follow as quickly as
possible, after all work has been completed, to as closely to as-found
condition as is possible.
*Kelly Gibson Caplan*
Community Outreach Manager
101 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20080
Learn more and DONATE at www.washingtonareafuelfund.org
[image: WGL_horiz_CMYK – small]
*ONE COMPANY. ONE TEAM.*