Happy Holidays! Here are a few tips for securing your car and garage:
- Keep garage doors closed. Automatic garage doors offer extra security, but continue to use a physical lock on your garage door if you can. Keep controllers inside locked cars when parked in your garage.
- If you park outside of your garage, remember to bring the controller into the house with you so that it cannot be removed from the car and used to open the garage.
- Lock the door from your garage to the house. Secure that door with a dead bolt.
- When you park your car, lock the doors and remove all valuables, including GPS devices. If possible, park your car in your garage or driveway.
- When you are away on an extended trip, ask your neighbor to park in your driveway periodically.
(Source: National Sheriff’s Association and Montgomery County Community Police Officer Denise Gill)
Best wishes to you in 2013!
Eden & Paul